Spillover effects of high tech projects: the case of Gripen
Date: Monday, 23 October 2017
Venue: Royal Armoury
Free of charge
As part of the Brazil-Sweden Innovation Week in Stockholm, the Embassy of Brazil and the Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Sweden have the pleasure to invite you to an evening about the Spillover effects of high tech projects: the case of Gripen.
On October 2014, the Brazilian government made official the purchase of 36 Saab Gripen NG aircraft for a total order value of 39 billion SEK, which marked the milestone of Sweden’s biggest ever single export contract so far.
This colossal and longevous project fosters opportunities that surpasses the defense sector. During the event you will listen speakers from different fields describe to which extent it has generated spillover effects that stimulate diverse segments of the economy in both markets and how it has converted in the locomotive of the strategic partnership between Brazil and Sweden.
Register: RSVP latest 22 October to firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation required as places are limited.
– Elisa Sohlman, Executive Director, Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Sweden;
17:20-17:25 Opening remarks
– Ambassador Marcos Pinta Gama, Embassy of Brazil in Stockholm;
17:30 – 18:10 Spillover Effects of the Gripen Project
– Mikael Roman, Science Counselor at the Embassy of Sweden in Brasília; on the “Nurturing spillover from the Industrial Partnership between Sweden and Brazil-– a case study of the Gripen project.”;
– Lt Col Rickard Nyström – Head of International Relations for the Swedish Air Force;
– Mj Intendant Bruno Koenigkan – Head of the Administrative Section of the Monitoring and Control Group at SAAB – GACSAAB;
– Lars Nyström, Sales & Marketing Director, Saab Aeronautics;
18:15 – 19:00 The effects of high tech projects
– Claudio Issamy Osako, Technical Director, Itaipu Technology Park;
– Márcio Ikegami, Manager for Aeronautics, the Brazilian Innovation Financing Agency (FINEP);
– Stefan Gustafsson, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Sustainable Business at the Swedish Space Cooperation;